How it all started
Wealth management services offered by large corporate firms never made complete sense to our founder, Mitsuo "Mit" Lockrow. Over time, Mit came to the realization that the conventional financial services business model was, in many ways, at odds with his business vision and cultural beliefs. So in 2014, after nearly 20 years of working at global investment banking and broker-dealer firms, he decided to form Cambridge Wealth Management and execute on his vision of building a new fiduciary wealth management paradigm — one that's focused on helping clients prosper by integrating the values of simplicity, harmony, and excellence into a traditional wealth management model.
Our Five core Standards of care
We combine the sophistication and experience of a large financial firm with the lower costs, flexibility, and personalized service of a boutique. Here are five tenets that inspire the work we do for our clients:
- Unbiased Advice | We're free from the conflicts of interest that can surface at many corporate firms that serve the interests of their shareholders. We can use any custodian, manager, mutual fund, cash, bond, stock, alternative investment, or technology that we feel is the very best solution for you.
- True Transparency | We take our fiduciary responsibility very seriously. Whether it's disclosing fees associated with your portfolio or taking the time to carefully explain complicated planning strategies, we proactively inform you through open and straightforward communication. We charge only fees for our services and do not have any cozy relationships with money managers or vendors that could influence our advice.
- Holistic Approach | Our unique holistic advisory process and business platform helps bring together all the isolated parts of your financial life, ensuring that the four cornerstones of a smart wealth management plan — asset management, estate planning, retirement planning, and tax planning — are working in harmony as one integrated strategy.
- Tax Efficiency | We analyze your personal income taxes and portfolio to help you manage your wealth in the most tax-efficient way. We consider your tax-deferred and taxable accounts and strategically place each security in the most tax-advantaged accounts. As a result of our diligent work, the impact of taxes is often reduced which can improve your after-tax investment returns.
- Risk Management | When risk is measured and managed, it can have a positive impact on your financial life. That's why we are constantly monitoring risks — from destabilizing global market risks to transitional risks for our clients. Risk management is one of the six vital components of a comprehensive financial plan. We'll make recommendations that are prudent and meet your needs.
Cambridge Wealth Management offers you a smart alternative to traditional wealth management — simple solutions, deep expertise, and a dedicated partner — so you can pursue your financial future with confidence.
At Cambridge Wealth Management, we believe the best way to gain financial clarity and secure your peace of mind is to follow a disciplined planning process that aligns your personal goals and values with your vision. As your trusted advisor, with an objective view, we'll help you build a comprehensive picture of your financial position, needs, and aspirations.
First, we'll have a conversation about your most important priorities, the values that inspire you, and uncover what you want to accomplish with your assets.
Next, we will agree on the areas of your financial life that you would like us to review. Then, we'll gather your financial data, analyze your current position, and design your financial plan.
Lastly, we will suggest strategic solutions and provide guided implementation of your custom plan. With our ongoing monitoring, we're always there for you, to adjust your strategy when your personal situation changes or the markets shift.
guidance. Beyond investments.
Our unique approach to addressing the complexities of wealth goes beyond traditional financial planning and investment management.
- Gives you a plan for deciding what’s right for you and helps create harmony in your financial life.
- Delivers personalized financial plans and investment portfolios
- Incorporates engaging, cutting-edge digital tools
So no matter where you are in life – whatever complexities you may face – we're equipped to guide you along the best path toward fulfilling your long-term goals.
We are committed to serving our clients' best interests at all times and foster a workplace environment that encourages the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, and intellectual honesty. Trust is the cornerstone of our business; as such, we are dedicated to client confidentiality and asset safety.
Custody services and other brokerage services provided to clients of Cambridge Wealth Management, LLC are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”), Member FINRA/SIPC, a leading provider of trading, custody, and brokerage services to Registered Investment Advisors, Trust Institutions, and Third-Party Administrators.
Cambridge Wealth Management, LLC (“Cambridge”) and its employees are independent of and are not employees or agents of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”). There is no form of legal partnership, agency affiliation, or similar relationship between your wealth advisor and Schwab, nor is such a relationship created or implied by the information herein. Schwab does not prepare, verify or endorse information distributed by Cambridge and therefore does not assume any responsibility for its content.
As an independent Registered Investment Advisor, we have access to other custodians. If you have a preference for a particular custodian for your investments, other than Schwab, we will certainly consider your request.
Cambridge Wealth Management, LLC maintains a Code of Ethics and written Policies and Procedures regarding Human Resources, Compliance, Client Support, Investment Management, Due Diligence, Internal Financial Controls, and Information Technology & Security.
Employees are required to undergo extensive interviews and background checks before hire. A written Code of Ethics that emphasizes professionalism, integrity, and strict adherence to the highest standards of fiduciary excellence guides employee conduct.
Client and personal information are strictly confidential and protected as required by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 2002. Failure to properly protect confidential information may lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination. All employees are required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement to protect our clients’ nonpublic, personal information.
Cambridge Wealth Management established and maintains information systems including hardware, software, and network components and design, to protect and preserve clients’ nonpublic, personal information. We have strict procedures for changing passwords and safeguards for accessing electronic account statements or client information.
Encryption is the key to cybersecurity. All workplace computers are:
- Encrypted as required by federal standards
- A secondary credential ID required to access client accounts on the Schwab platform
- Except for limited exceptions, all pop-up windows and cookies are blocked from third parties
- Malwarebytes Anti-malware for business regularly scans systems for any known malware or adware
- All inbound emails are scanned for email-borne viruses. Unrecognized emails are safely quarantined, reviewed, and forwarded or deleted
We also have procedures for handling physical documents and for storage of electronic copies of documents:
- Email transmissions that contain client confidential information are sent through a secure portal with a custom password
- An SEC W.O.R.M. compliant cloud-based system is used for filing electronic copies of client documents
- We regularly shred all unnecessary documents containing sensitive or confidential information
- All physical files containing client information are securely locked in file cabinets daily